LO's Main Research Iterests
Recent Observational Projects
-``The Fastest Stellar Winds as New Sources of Hard X-rays''
-``Wolf-Rayet 1: A study of X-ray production from a structured and massive wind" XMM-Newton (Co-I)
-``Tau Sco: X-ray emission from magnetic early B-type star" Suzaku (Co-I)"
-``Can different elements move with different velocities in a radiatively driven stellar wind?''Chandra (PI)
-``Enigmatic interacting binary Beta Lyrae''RXTE (Co-I)
-``The B giants X-ray Emission''XMM-Newton (Co-I)
- ``New Sources of Hard X-rays from the Fastest Stellar Winds''
-``X-ray emission from interacting binary Beta Lyrae''
Suzaku (Japan/NASA) (Co-I)
-``The B Supergiant Bistability-Jump in X-ray Emission''
- ``Stellar winds and neutron star masses in eclipsing
highly absorbed HMXBs''
- ``Massive Star Formation and Energy
Feedback in the Starburst Region N11''
Chandra Large (Co-I)
-"Study of the Quintuplet cluster in the Galactic Ceneter"
-"Stellar winds of B supergiants"
-"Wolf-Rayet stars in the Galactic Center"
Selected Recent Talks
-"X-ray spectroscopy of single O stars" 2008
- To John C. Brown "Winds of massive stars" 2007
- Wind, Clumps and X-rays ' 2006
- IGRs: gamma-ray selected High-Mass X-ray Binaries' 2006
- Quantitative X-ray spectroscopy of massive stars' 2006
- X-ray emission from super star
Honorary Research Fellow in the Department of Physics
and Astronomy, University of Glasgow 2007-2008
Royal Society/NATO Research Fellowship 1998
Soros Research Fellowship 1997
Jan 2002 - present
Scientific employee: Universitaet Potsdam
Jan 2000 - Dec 2000 Research Assistant: University of Glasgow
Sep 1998 - Dec 1999 Royal Society/NATO Fellow: University of Glasgow